Facts about SOY!
1. Soy is the second largest crop Produced by the U.S.
2. 94% of soy beans are genetically modified which can increase our risk for carcinogens
3. These soy beans are designed to be “roundup ready” and engineered to withstand high doses of pesticides
4. These GMO soybeans have shown increased rates in miscarriage, abnormal fetal development, and interference with hormone levels
5. Weight gain associated with foods fried in soybean oil instead of neutral oils like olive or coconut due to increase in Omega-6 fatty acids
6. Omega-6 consumption is up by 20% in the U.S. and causes more inflammation in the body
7. Can cause throat itching and abdominal burning sensation due to our body’s inability to break down GMO bi-products
8. Inhibits absorption of iron, zinc, calcium, and magnesium
9. Inhibits protein absorption in the gut
10. Increases gas and stomach bloat
Approved types of Soy:
1. Fermented Organic soy- helps heal gut motility and has higher levels of K2 to help with bone health and cardiovascular health
2. organic soy can reduce hot flashes and contain phytoestrogens which help ease symptoms of menopause
3. A study by the ACS showed out of 6,000 women with breast cancer a 15% reduction in mortality using Organic Soy
4. Organic Soy contains twice the amount of protein than other plant sources and can help build muscle mass
5. Organic soy can help lower LDL
6. Organic soy can help with sleep
*Always consult a Naturopathic Doctor or your PCP before starting any new herbal regimen.